Monday, September 16, 2013

Survive "Freshers Week"?

Barely. I still have no voice and have to take three breathing treatments a day (embarrassing, I know... I'm a nerd). 

For my American readers, a "fresher at uni" would be a "freshman in college."

Freshers week essentially consists of party after party, pub crawl after pub crawl, basically any activity you can imagine where freshers can meet, mingle, drink? One activity included bubbles filled with neon paint popping on you while dancing, causing you to have spotted, glowing clothes. There was also a music festival one night with performers like The View and King Charles. I'm still sticking with my opinion that the ceilidh was one of the most fun activities (I've now joined every society the school has to offer that will allow me to ceilidh on a regular basis.) 

Freshers week also had a comedy night and brought members of S Club 7 on campus to perform. 

I spent my friday night of "freshers" attending a yacht party and ball. Unfortunately, I did not get to make it to the event where they released thousands of balloons on the crowd. 

I was also able to attend the fireworks that celebrated the 600th year of our school. It was an incredible display, and I've never been that close to fireworks. It was absolutely breathtaking. 

Hillary Clinton was also in St. Andrews this past weekend... casual. 

Freshers week was an incredible time. There were far too many activities going on for me to recap them here, but I hope this post gives you a little insight into what it's like to be a fresher over here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment