Monday, September 16, 2013

Start University

Today was my first day of classes! The school system here is awesome. You don't have to take any courses you don't want to take! Goodbye math, hasta luego, Science! Instead, you choose three classes ("modules") you are passionate about and focus on those. 

For me, those classes are: English, Spanish, and Film. 
You attend big lectures 2/3 times a week for those modules and are broken down into small groups that meet once a week in a "tutorial" period. 

My earliest lecture is an 11AM- doing college right ;) 
English is going to be a LOT of reading. We study a different book each week. 
Spanish was a bit too easy, so I'll either try to place into a different class or start a new language. (Semi-fluent speaker put into a "Spanish for Complete Beginners" course) 
I can't wait to start film studies. We study a different film each week. This week it's "Inglourious Basterds". 

I'm now officially a uni girl, watch out world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment