Monday, July 15, 2013

Be Adventurous

I've always admired my older brothers, and from an early age, I wanted to be just like them. I planned on attending the same high school and university, I thought I had it all figured out. So it came as a complete surprise to people when I announced that instead of going to my "dream school" for college, I'd be moving "across the pond" to Scotland. Then again, I've never been one to do what's expected.
Every time I come home from Europe, I immediately want to go back. As I began compiling things that I wanted to do or goals I wanted to achieve on my "BucKIT List," many included different sites to see around Europe. So I thought to myself, why not get a great education overseas and spend four years exploring the world? And that's just what I'll be doing.
For the amount of things I want to do and try, I sometimes shy away from adventure. Therefore, I wanted to really push myself out of my comfort zone and begin living the life I want to live. So I'm taking a leap (a very large one) and moving to another country, hoping that this "being adventurous" will push me to achieve more risks on my list.

1 comment:

  1. KIT - I am MOST excited about your decision!! Make the most of every minute!! Excited you pushed yourself to leap out of the comfort zone!! Look forward to the future posts. A. Gready

    ReplyDelete