Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Get Involved


I wasn't quite sure how to title this blog post. I thought it would be best to give a general update on new things I'm doing around campus. Though I definitely hope to continue increasing my involvement, here is what I've started doing in the first month at uni: 
1. I am the Health and Safety Rep of the hall I'm staying in- (I live in a collection of apartment complexes that house about 1200 students). As health and safety rep, I will help organize our ball, I go to weekly committee meetings, and I have one other interesting responsibility. I was unaware of this, but I am the condom rep for my hall now. I had to go to training and everything- stay safe, guys! 
2. I am the newly elected Class Representative for my Film Class. I love film so much and am really looking forward to increasing my involvement within the department. 
3. Join the film committee. After an interview process a few weeks ago, I have now been admitted to the film committee at my uni. I can't wait to start filming events, editing, and getting back to what I love doing :) 
I've joined other societies as well and have started meeting more people through them. I look forward to finding new, interesting things to participate in during the upcoming months and years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment